Thursday, September 8, 2011

I finally did it. I started a public blog.

My friends have often told me "why not start a blog?" This in response to my serial food photography, my almost daily chronicling of what I am about to eat. You know those people who whip out their phone cameras to take a picture of their meal prior to digging in? That's me.

I'm one in a large and vastly growing number of people who are self-proclaimed foodies.
It's true, we're out there:
Cooking, eating, posting food pictures on facebook. We're all around you, the heavily tattooed hipster sitting next to you on the MUNI with gauges the size of a fist, the petite lady jostling past you with her little stroller bag of goodies in tow.

I joke about my facebook page consisting more so of food pictures than pictures of myself but it's true. I've been doing this for roughly a year and I've gotten to the point where I don't need to post the next exceptionally-laid out dish on my wall. That is, at least, on most days. So I'm moving my food chronicling from my facebook page to here: snapshots of great meals I've had and new recipes I'd like to try, (and maybe a chronicling of design inspiration as well). I'm thinking maybe my friends don't need to know about every single meal I have (not that anyone's complained) but I'd still like a little spot in cyberspace to enjoy past meals again and again, if only through pictures and writing. Hence, the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! I enjoy looking at your food pics and, now, I can't wait to read about them, too.

    Also, who is that handsome, goateed fellow enjoying his meal pictured on the left? Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete