Thursday, September 8, 2011

Spicy italian sausage and chicken omelette hash

This was a breakfast omelette-hash of thrown together left-overs in the spirit of what my grandmother coined as "maskipops" from the phrase, "maski papano" or, roughly, "whichever way."

My boyfriend had cubes of pepper jack cheese and a Boudin bread bowl left over from work (He works for Red and White Fleet where all sorts of fun on the water abound. I hear the folks who go to the Indian Sunset Cruise know how to have a good time) and I combined his cheese donations with my own leftovers: a "Spanish" chicken dish adapted from Nigella Lawson from the day before, grated mozzarella and Italian seasoning as the filling of my omelette.

I didn't get to take pictures of the previous day's dish (too early in the morning and it was a day I had class) but this is roughly what Nigella's Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes dish should look like.

Hooray for reinvention!

2 comments:

  1. It looks tastey, you sure have a way with those left overs, you should be the left over queen. :) Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! My dad and grandma taught me well ;) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete